Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ode To a Perfect Breakfast

Coffee; black and hot.
There's nothing more perfect in it's simplicity.

Corned Beef Hash; made fresh daily and cooked just right. Eggs; over-easy and ready for toast-dipping. Potatoes; crisp skin covering molten hot deliciousness. Just enough onion & pepper to compliment without overpowering.

Sourdough Toast; burnt...on purpose, with butter finding its way into each nook & cranny.

and last, but not least

French Toast with Fresh Strawberries; so sweet you don't even need the syrup. (this one was Christa's, not mine).


(Photos by Christa)

Yes, I know that having the cooks purposely burn my food will most likely result in my getting some horrific form of cancer.
Yes, I know that meat is murder.... but I also know that it's delicious!

You know what made this unhealthy breakfast even better? The nice, fat cigar I had afterward.

Suck it, health nuts!

p.s.

I did actually accomplish quite a bit on the ol' house this weekend, and I'll do a post about it later.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: