Thursday, July 17, 2008

Handhelds & Hot Dogs






Thanks to T-Mobile, I was able to upgrade from my never-working-properly cell phone to a new Blackberry Curve for the paltry sum of $50 or so. I’ve only had it a couple of days, but I have to say I’m already in love. Granted, many of the things that excite me are simple functions that my last phone just wasn’t doing (like sending picture messages), but this is still one awesome phone. It does pretty much everything but feed me and wipe my ass.

I know it goes against my new “less is more” philosophy, but since I did technically get rid of the other phone to get this, I’ll just count it as a “replacement” versus “more new crap I don’t need”. Do you buy that load of crap? Good, me too! Hahaha

In other news, I’ve been working on the house lately (along with Christa and my buddy Adam) and it’s coming along nicely. I’m hoping to get the front bedroom painted and carpeted in the next week or so. I’ll probably start sanding the wood frame windows tomorrow night, and I’m getting a carpet quote Saturday morning.

Then, on Saturday night, Christa and I are heading up to Los Alamitos for the “Weiner Nationals”. The awesomeness should be overshadowed only by the oddness:

“The Wiener Nationals features all the excitement of a Quarter Horse race, with a total of 87 dachshunds strutting their stuff in front of a packed house at Los Alamitos. A total of 11 trial heats will be contested at 50 yards with the winning wieners advancing to the championship race. The participants were selected based on the creativity of their entries.” It’s put on by Wienerschnitzel, with proceeds going to benefit the Seal Beach Animal Care Center. I hope to post photos afterward.

If I can manage to fit cigars, wine and a visit to the ol’ coffee shop in on Sunday, it should be a pretty excellent weekend.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Perfect Equation said...

You went to a weiner dog race and didn't bring me? RIDICULOUS!! :)

Are you covering your hardwood floors?