Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time for a Change (again)


I’m making a few changes which I’m rather excited about.

The first is giving up fast food again. I truly hope that I’ll be successful this time around. After all, it’s not like it tastes that great. I think my inability to avoid these horrible places comes more out of convenience and habit than anything else. It’s only been 4 or 5 days so far, but I already feel better. I’m noticing that I have more energy in the morning and I don’t get hungry quite as often. I’m also drinking more water again and doing my best to avoid soda.

The change I’m most excited about though is cycling. I have always loved bicycling, especially back in my healthier days. In fact, I can remember when my “dream job” was to be a bike messenger. Over the years, however, I drifted away from cycling (much to my regret). It was a combination, I think, of far too many knee surgeries (I’ve had 3) along with the stupid notion that I simply didn’t have enough time. Luckily, that’s all going to change.

I am going through all of the crap stuffed away in my garage and selling it to buy a new bike! All of my unneeded furniture, extra TVs, etc… will be sold so that I can purchase this beauty:

My plan is to ride daily, no matter what. No more driving to the coffee shop (to hang out), when I can bike there in only a few minutes. In fact; unless I really need to carry something (like groceries) I don’t plan on using my car within city limits. Hopefully, within a month of getting back in the saddle, I’ll be able to start riding to work at least twice a week. It’s about 9 miles each way, and fairly flat. Sure, it will take longer to get to and from work, but at least I can avoid all the damn freeway traffic! And let’s be honest here… it’s not like I need to be in a big hurry anyway.

If nothing else, this should be interesting...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Capricia Rae said...

You post about the tastiest looking burger ever and now you give up fast food? Agghhh!


Hahaha. :)

Anonymous said...

way to delete my fucking comment. yet another reason. fucking pointless censor. retarded.

Anonymous said...

good for you! we don't go to the grocery store anymore and that has made it soooo easy to give up junk food! you can do it!
--rebecca